Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Helping

I went up to school today to complete my "Honey Do" list from my girls.  I had a couple of things to do for each of them...including the new girl!  I saw several people while I was up there and they would all ask me, "Why in the world are you up here?"  Everyone seemed so shocked that I would be up there helping out.  I guess to some it might seem weird seeing as how I decided to not work this year and now I'm up there working.  However, working up there and knowing that I don't have to be there makes it a completely different experience...a much more fun experience!!

I was at Reed today about a little over six hours and here is what I accomplished...
1. I copied all of Amy's beginning of the year things and broke one copier in the process
2. I removed Meg's old word wall and hung her new one
3. I cut out lamination
4. I made the new girls' odd/even banner
5. I organized Meg's book boxes
6. I sweet talked Jacquie into redoing Meg's computers in her room
7. I visited with Mr. Earl
8. I copied and put together all of Chelsea's calendar math folders

I could have never done that much if I actually worked there!  I was walking out of the copy room today and I had this thought, "I love to help!"  I think I was designed to just help people.  I did some of the most tedious and mundane tasks today and even managed to get cramps in my back from leaning over and cutting out so much lamination...BUT I loved my day!  I loved knowing that what I was doing was going to make life easier for my girls.  I loved knowing that what I was doing might allow them to work on more important things.  I would have stayed much later if there were more things on my list.  I just loved helping them.  Meg's told me to just play it by ear whether I go up there or not tomorrow...but I know I'll be there!

Now what is a job I can do where all I do is help...but without all the other responsibility??

No comments:

Post a Comment