Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nurse


Mid way through this past summer Nurse called to tell me that she would be leaving Reed.  My first thought was, “Thank goodness I left when I did!”  Nurse’s husband was being transferred to Washington DC and she would be moving up there with him of course.

So while everyone is back in Allen missing her like crazy, I got to spend Thursday with her here in the city!

I metroed over to Crystal City and met Nurse for lunch.  We had a great lunch talking about her new life up here, things that have changed at Reed, and sharing stories of grief.  You see, shortly have my I lost my dad Nurse lost her mom not too long afterwards.  We walked the road of cancer together, burying our parents, and dealing with the aftermath. 

After lunch we headed over to her new apartment to grab the dogs and take them out for a walk.  After several days of really cold and rainy weather it was finally cool and sunny outside and perfect for walking the dogs.

I was even able to stick around long enough to see her husband and visit with him for a little bit.

Nurse is one of my favorite people for several different reasons and it was such a special treat to get to spend the day with her up here.  I love the funny way that the Lord continues to bring people into my life and even after we’ve gone in different directions how He manages to still cross our paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment