Sunday, October 10, 2010

Road Trip With The DeSalvos


Last time I was here visiting Daniel, Michelle, and I took a trip to New York for a weekend.  This time we packed some clothes, jumped in the car, and headed to Pennsylvania.

Michelle’s mom is from Pennsylvania and I’ve always heard about their house there and even the cottage that their family owns up there, but have never been.  That all changed this weekend.

Friday evening we started off the weekend by going and eating some Malyasian food…which is basically the same as Indonesian food.  It always makes me so happy to eat satay ayam dan nasi putih…grilled chicken with peanut sauce and white rice!


Then we hit the road and headed to Hanover to stay in the house that Michelle’s mom grew up in.  It was such a good old house with hard wood floors, antique furniture, and lots of old pictures.  The three of us sat in the living room and talked for hours.  Daniel wussed out early and went to bed around midnight and somehow Michelle and I stayed up until 4:00 in the morning just talking and laughing.  I love those conversations that seem to go on and on and you have no idea how many hours have passed and you never seem to grow tired!

Saturday morning we woke up and walked down the main road the Farmer’s Market to grab some fruit and eat breakfast.  



Then loaded up the car and headed out to the cottage.  The cottage is precious as well!  It’s this small little house with the most amazing screened in front porch.  It has two bedrooms, a kitchen, and one bathroom.  We hadn’t packed more than just snack food when we left, but lucky us there was cheese and butter in the fridge…so grilled cheeses all around!  Here was our spread…


We ate lunch and then headed down to the river.  I sat and read by the water by they played a game of Bocce ball.  It was a little chillier out than we had expected so when they finished and came to read I went and took a warm nap in the car!  Before we left we bundled up and walked down the road to the Indian Steps Museum to look around at the grounds.


We left to head home, but apparently no trip to the cottage is complete without a stop for ice cream at the famous Mack’s!  We stopped to get ice cream and I used caramel ice cream to heal my broken heart over the fact that Alabama let themselves get whooped by South Carolina…are you kidding me?

Then it was home to the Quebec House again!

I love road trips with these two…I mean basically I love anything that I do with these two!





No comments:

Post a Comment