Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Special Visitor


I had some very important visitors two weekends ago…the DeSalvo’s!!!

I was bursting at the seams with excitement waiting for them to get here.  On that Thursday I started the countdown about 12 hours before they were to arrive at the airport.  I was watching Game 6 of the World Series and couldn’t sit still because I just wanted them to get here already.

Now I see them a lot and talk to them even more, so why was I so excited this time?  Well that’s because this time not only were there 2 DeSalvo’s coming to see me…but THREE of them!  And this was the first time I was going to introduce myself to the third!  And now that we’ve been officially introduced I’d like you to meet the newest soon-to-be DeSalvo…

This is Blueberry…



That’s right…Michelle is pregnant with my future niece or nephew!  She’s due in mid-March, but we’re still waiting to see whether or not I can shop for blues or pinks.

I fell in love the minute Daniel texted me a picture of the pee stick that made Michelle’s pregnancy official.  I wait anxiously each month to get an update after she goes to the doctor on how the little Blueberry is doing.  My mind constantly thinks about what great little things I can get for it or make for it so that it will never doubt how much Aunt Christy loves it.

So as soon as I got to the airport I rushed up to hug Michelle and Daniel and then immediately bent down to introduce myself to my Blueberry.  Oh her bump is so stinkin cute and I love that there is a little life crafted by my God’s perfect hands growing inside of her.  Oh I just can’t wait to meet him or her!

There were times when they were here that I would just sit and talk to her with my hand on her belly.  I’m going to love that Blueberry oh so much!

Right now I’m just going to have to be patient until Christmas when Michelle, Blueberry, and I can hang out again!
There’s nothing I love more than babies so Michelle…thanks for giving me yet another one!  And one that I’m going to spoil like crazy and lavish and lavish with love!


1 comment: