Monday, January 9, 2012

Howdy Alabama


A little interesting fact about me:  I LOVE Alabama football…and got a little crush going on the entire state too.  This is funny to me for several reasons…

I was conceived in Texas.
I was born in Texas.
I grew up in Texas.
I went to college in Texas.
I got my first job in Texas.
I currently reside in Texas.
28 out of the 29 years of my life, I’ve lived in Texas.

So it makes me laugh how on Saturday my hometown football team, the Texans, had a really big game and even won and yet I was all, “Yeah, I mean that’s cool.  What was the final score anyways?”

But when Alabama is set to play in the National Championship game against the one team that beat them this year…you better believe I was ready.

I came home from my run, put my Alabama shirt on, sat down with a glass of sweet tea, and got comfy on the couch to cheer on my team.  I was kinda nervous because I wanted them to win so badly, but recently I’ve noticed that when I really want something I always think it won’t happen.  So as I snuggled up on the couch I was half part giddy with excitement and half part a nervous wreck.

But then it was half time and we were up 9 to 0!!  Oh how I feared what kind of amazing pep talk Les Miles would give LSU and cause them to come out guns blazing in the second half.  But here I sit with just seconds left in the 3rd quarter and we’re up 15-0!

4th quarter and we scored a real touchdown…21-0!

And now…WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am one excited Alabama lovin’ Texas gal!

I will admit though that it is always a little sad when they pan across the losing team when everyone starts to realize that they have no hope left in this game.  It makes me feel so bad for them.  I hate to see the sadness when other teams lose…well there is that one team that I could watch lose over and over again!

Here I am cheering with all the Alabama fans all the way in Houston.  Sure, my head is cut off from the picture…but that’s what happens when you live alone!



Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment