Monday, January 16, 2012

Texas Baby Shower Marathon Weekend


This past weekend Michelle flew in for some baby showers…and by some I mean 3!  I was lucky enough to be her chauffeur and be a part of every part of the weekend…anything to get some time with my best friend and future niece or nephew.

We started in Dallas and Friday night had a typical dinner with us four Ptown girls.  There was laughter, booze, life-changing news shared, screams that summoned all other people in the restaurant to look our way, points given, attempts at speaking espanol, sex discussions, lots of restroom breaks, and even more laughter.  Words can’t express how good it did me to spend that night with these ladies.



Saturday morning we started in Dallas where Michelle’s college girls and PA girls showered her and loved on her. 

Dallas Shower Favorite Moment: Watching the color drain out of Michelle’s face while all her college girlfriends talked about motherhood and how having kids drastically changes your life.  Then the minute we got in the car hearing Michelle say, “They were really scaring me.”

Next stop: Temple, TX…home of the DeSalvo’s!
This shower was out of control with the amount of food, ladies, and all the people that Michelle had no idea what their names were!

Temple Shower Favorite Moment: Meeting my new best friend Betsy (she’s the one on the right)



Final stop: Pasadena, TX…home of us!

This one was fun because it was filled with ladies who helped us grow up in the church and who knew us then and still for some reason love us!

Pasadena Shower Favorite Moment: Cousin Vicky passing down her maternity bras to Michelle!



Here are some of my favorite pictures from the whirlwind weekend…


















Everyone kept telling me what a trooper and great friend I was to drive Michelle all around the state and go to all three showers.  Little did they know that I loved every single minute of it and there is nowhere else I would have rather been this weekend than right beside her.

It was crazy to tell her good-bye last night and know that the next time I see her Blueberry will be a living, screaming, bundle of joy in my arms!!  Sometimes I have to stop myself from thinking about that moment because I literally can’t control my excitement and I get extremely impatient.

Just two more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment