Friday, April 22, 2011

A Special, Early Delivery...and a Very Late Post


About nine months ago I mentioned that a friend of mine had just found out she was pregnant and that I would soon be meeting a new fake niece or nephew.

As it turns out it was a nephew and he was about 2 weeks early!

We almost got started off on the wrong foot because he wasn’t supposed to arrive until April 30th and I was leaving to go out of town on the 18th and not coming back until the 28th.  The planner in me had it all figured out.  The never-had-a-baby-before me didn’t understand how things wouldn’t work out the way she planned it.

This year the Lord has seen fit to teach me to not hold too tightly to the plans that I’ve made because He likes to throw a wrench in them!  True to form I learned that lesson yet again on Monday, April 18th!

That morning Mindy went in to be induced and thought for sure that it would be an all day labor…thus meaning I would leave to go out of town without meeting my nephew.  However, at about noon they decided they needed to do a C-section because his heartbeat kept dropping.

So I raced over to the hospital right before they wheeled her out and got to hold her hand and share in their excitement. 

Then at 12:40pm all 6 pounds 7 ounces, 19 inches, and 100% adorableness of little Hudson Hogsett made his way into the world! 



I got back to the hospital around 2:00 and got to share in the smiles, well wishes, and about 5 minutes of holding my newest fake nephew in my arms and falling madly in love!

Oh he is just perfect with his little head of dark peach fuzz.  And when he yawns and sticks that skinny tongue out the oohs and ahhs start coming. 

Then to look at my sweet friend Mindy and know that she is a mom now…WOW!  It’s amazing!  I love too that she’ll get to celebrate her first Mother’s Day in just a few weeks too.

I am just beyond thrilled for Mindy and Ron and their little Hudson. 



As much as I long to be a mother some day, it sure is nice to have so many nieces and nephews to love on…even if they are fake ones! 



I’m one very lucky Fake Aunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment