Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tomfoolery


I’m a little late in telling this story, but it was just so funny!

Last Friday was April Fool’s Day and earlier in the week I began thinking of who I could prank and what I could do.  In the end I decided the best person to play with would be Cobb.

Friday morning when I got home from boot camp I quickly made my way to the garage, backed out Cobb’s car, and moved it to the front of the house, but much farther down the street.  The hope was that when she went to leave for her meeting later in the morning she would think her car got stolen or that she was losing her mind.  Either I felt would be equally funny!

I parked myself on the couch so that I wouldn’t miss a single moment of it!

She had a meeting at 8:30 that morning and around 8:10 she went walking to the garage.  I heard her open the door and then stand in there silently for the longest time. 

She walked back in the house, looked at me, and then this transpired…

Cobb – Where’s my car?
Me – What do you mean where’s your car?
Cobb – My car isn’t in the garage!
Me – (I’m acting shocked) What do you mean it’s not in there?
**I walk in the garage and take a look for myself and what do you know…her car really is missing!  He He He!

Me – Are you sure you parked it in here last night?
**Cobb begins beelining for the front door to check and see if its out front.
Cobb – Its not here.
**Cobb begins to look like she’s going to cry.  I begin to contemplate if this is all about to go terribly wrong.

Me – April Fool’s!!!  Your car’s out front!
Cobb – CHRISTY HASTON!!!! (all caps means read it as though you're shouting)
**Then I walk her outside and point out where her car is.  Cobb starts laughing and I begin reveling in my genius plan!!!

It was greatness!  She kept shaking afterwards because she was really freaking out cause she couldn’t find her car!

I’ve always wanted to play a really good April Fool’s trick on somebody and Cobb got to be my first!

Of course as luck would have it ol’ Tomfoolery got his revenge on me the next day.

Saturday I was laying in the backyard reading and Kate came out to tell me that she was leaving.  About 8 minutes later I decide its too hot and want to go put my bathing suit on.  Much to my surprise the sliding back door is now locked!

I have absolutely no way of getting inside the house!  Luckily for me I had Kate bring my phone before she left.  I quickly gave her a call and she turned her car around and came to my rescue.

Come to find out, no one came home again until 2:00…and it was 11:30 when Kate left.  If I hadn’t had my phone I would have been stuck outside for over 2 hours!

You’d think getting locked out of your house once would be sufficient payback enough…but you would be sadly mistaken!

Later that same night we all went over to Jeni’s house for dinner and a movie.  For some strange reason all three of us roommates drove our own cars.

As soon as the movie ended I jumped up and headed home because I had had a long day of laying around reading and playing with my niece, Claire, and I was exhausted.

Well imagine my surprise when I get home and can’t get in the house for the second time in one day!  Someone had locked the screen door from the inside!  I don’t have a garage door opener so I was stranded!

Luckily again Cobb had left right after me so I only waited for a few minutes!

So one would think that all this payback would teach me a lesson about pranking others, but seeing as how I’m a Haston I doubt that happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment