Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dan the Man


I’d like to introduce you to Dr. Daniel DeSalvo!



He is the husband of my very best friend, Michelle DeSalvo. 

The first time I ever met him, he came racing towards me and enveloped me in a bear hug!  I had no idea who he was, but was hoping that he was the boy who wore cowboy boots and stole my best friend’s heart.

A little over a year later, I stood up in front of a crowd and toasted the two of them at their wedding.  I told all about how much I loved Michelle because she was my best friend of course.  But I also went on about how much I loved Daniel too and how I was looking to find my very own Daniel one day!

There are so many reasons why I love Daniel…
1.  Since day one he treated me like I was important.
2.  He sat at the hospital with me one night when my dad had just been diagnosed.
3.  When I come to visit he always introduces me to people as “his best friend” rather than just “Michelle’s best friend”!
4.  Right before I come visit them he always texts to say how excited he is for me to come!
5.  He loves Michelle so well!
 
And just the other day he gave me one more reason to love him!

I mailed out support letters for my East Asia trip this summer.  When I opened the envelope from Michelle and Daniel I smiled so big.  You see Daniel filled out the info card, wrote the check, and then even wrote this on the back…



 I love that he did all that rather than just putting it aside and saying, “Well that’s Michelle’s friend…she can do it.”  That of course would have been a typical male response…but not for Daniel.

I couldn’t have picked a better man for my Michelle.

Now if I could just find my own Daniel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment