Sunday, October 9, 2011

Never Say Never


Haven’t you always heard people say that saying before?  I have and always thought “Yeah, yeah, well that won’t be the case with me!”  That’s because I’m my Grandad’s granddaughter and overflow with stubbornness. 

I hate to be wrong, but God seems to like being in the business of proving me wrong.  In the past couple of years here are some things that came out of my mouth multiple times…

1. I will NEVER live by myself.
2. After a year off, I will NOT go back to teaching.
3. You better believe I will NEVER EVER move back home to Houston.

So guess what?

I am now a teacher, living by myself in Houston!

I have now learned to think before I speak and be careful not to ever say, “I’ll never…” because it seems God takes that as a challenge to show me who is really boss.

Now, I wonder what will happen if I start saying, “I’m NEVER getting married!”

Come on God…prove me wrong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment