Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This Is What Happens When You Pray For Rain


Everyone in Texas has been praying for months for it to rain.  We’ve prayed and prayed and prayed and no rain.  God teased us a few times with a few drizzles in the past month, but I think that was just the opening act.

After all those prayers God finally delivered this past Sunday.  And by delivered I mean…thunderstorms and constant downpours for almost 24 hours.  It was glorious!  I left church, grabbed some lunch, and then went straight home and camped out on the couch in front of the TV.  I’ve always loved Sunday afternoons on the couch, but every once in awhile you get lucky and you get a Sunday nap where you’re lulled to sleep by the sound of rain pounding the windows.

Once all the thankfulness of the rain wore off, I got a text message from my principal saying that our whole school was leaking and it was a mess.  I thought, “It won’t be that bad.”  And then I showed up Monday morning to this…










And what really made it worse was that a bunch of my personal picture books were soaked…with the nasty brown water that fell through the roof, all the insulation, and then through the forever old ceiling tiles.

So now this is what my books look like…



They were supposed to shampoo the carpets and air everything out last night so it would be better today.  However, there was miscommunication and someone turned the air off in our room so all that nasty wet carpet sat all night and you can imagine the awful mildew smell I walked into today.

Here’s to hoping tomorrow will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment