Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Austin Trip


A few weeks ago I had to go to a conference for Texas schools at our state’s cap with some of the girls that I worked with.  I’ll be honest and admit that I wasn’t that excited about it.  I had a lot to get done around home because I had some special visitors coming in a few days and I just wasn’t quite sure what a road trip and overnight trip with the girls I work with would be like.  Don’t get me wrong…I love them to death, but you road trips and overnights take friendships to a whole new level.

As usual, when I have low expectations…I’m always pleasantly surprised!

We laughed, ate good food, learned TONS, laughed some more, and I even squeezed in a 2 hour nap one day. 

Here is Stephanie and I at dinner the second night.  Stephanie and I constantly keep each other laughing at work and show our love for one another by affectionately referring to each other has “hoe” and “hooch”!



However, the best part….meeting up with some very important people in my life.

Jenn came and met us for dinner the first night.  I love that she went out of her way to come and spend time with me and my work friends.  We caught up on life and I worked out my ab muscles listening to her tell stories from her life.  Love my Jenn!



Then the next day I got a hold of Parkhurst who also lives in Austin.  She randomly was hanging out with Pankratz who was in town visiting from Oklahoma.  They swung by for a quick 20 minute chit chat on the sidewalk outside the Austin Convention Center.  We had just enough time for a few hugs, quick life stories, laughs, and a picture.  Love these two!




Thanks Austin for showing me never to underestimate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment