Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Home, Sweet Dallas

It’s been about a month since I last visited Dallas and I was starting to have withdrawals.  So last weekend I headed north to my second home!

I was so excited that I started packing on Wednesday night.  I wanted to be able to leave right after work on Friday and knew Thursday night would be busy.




This is so pathetic, but Friday morning as I was driving to work I was getting teary eyes thinking about going to Dallas.  I was just so beyond excited that it was coming out in the form of tears.  Then I had to sit in a math training all day!  It was a great training, but it took everything in me to not watch the clock and count down the hours.  About 15 minutes before it was supposed to end I got all my stuff together and was just waiting to hear these magic words, “Well that’s all we have for you today.  Have a great weekend!”

The minute that last word was uttered, I jumped up, put my bag over my shoulder and sprinted to my car.  I rushed to my grandparents to change clothes and yelled a quick, “I love you!” to Granny on my way back out the door.

I was so pumped and knew in just 4 hours I would be home again.  That is until I got stuck like this for the first hour and a half of the trip.



I kept gripping the steering wheel wishing away the traffic.  Then anytime it would clear up my speedometer magically jumped up to 80 or 85 miles per hour…not sure how that happened!

Having a speedometer with a mind of its own like that really helped because I saw this beautiful picture just under 4 hours after leaving Houston.



I was home!  Oh my goodness it felt so good to be driving up 75!  I sound so silly, but I don’t care!

I went straight to Amy’s apartment and stayed for 5 hours laying on the living room floor and catching up on anything and everything with my BFF.

I went home to my house without anyone home.  Kate and Cobb were both out of town, but even so it was so nice to open the door with a key on my key ring and seeing my mail on the table.

Saturday I headed to the Crawford’s because we all went to a friend’s house to watch A&M thankfully beat Baylor.  Gosh I hate Baylor and that just made an already great weekend even better!

When we got home Wyatt did some showing off!

He showed off his Aggie pride…



How cute he looks in real life little boy baseball pants…



And what a great couple my Lovebug and I make…




That night Jodi, Cobb, and I went to have a girl’s dinner at Red Lobster…mine and Jodi’s favorite!  I later fell asleep on the couch at the Crawford’s while we all watched Rangers win and secure their spot in the World Series.

Sunday was extremely special because almost all of my “kids” from the Heights were home from college and I got to hug their necks.  I also was able to get my picture taken for the first time with Jodi and my new Snugglebug.



Then off to lunch with my Dallas parents, Eddie and Susan!  I love those two and all their words of wisdom.  I’m blessed beyond belief with the amount of people who love me like their own!

I raced home and helped Cobb with some “internet” things and then hugged her good-bye and headed back to Houston.

Spending time with the people that I love just re-energizes me for some reason.  It breathes life into me.  This weekend was just what I needed and hopefully it will hold me over until I head back for Thanksgiving in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment