Monday, August 23, 2010

I Heart Lewis Reunions!

If you know me well, then you know that the highlight of my every other year is my Arkansas family reunion!  My mom's mom, Granny, is the youngest of 8 kids and that side of the family always gets together for a reunion every other year on the first weekend of August.  These started way back when I was a baby and are still going strong in 2010!  Every reunion we do basically the same thing, although this year we changed a few things up.

I absolutely LOVE my family!  Most of us only get to see each other at the reunion, but we always just pick back up where we left off.  We are an extremely crazy bunch and there's always a little bit of drama, but boy do we have fun together!

Here is the usual schedule...
Friday:
  • lunch at the cemetery (I know this sounds gross, but there's a little church there that we eat inside)
  • go to Uncle Elvie and Aunt Jewel's place to visit and play in the creek (sadly Uncle Elvie and Aunt Jewel passed away and the house was destroyed by a tornado) but hey tradition is tradition!
  • go back to Aunt Esther's and everyone just relaxes and hangs out...this year we decided it would be easier if everyone all hung out at the church in Cave City
  • pizza dinner at the church and everyone hangs out
Saturday:
  • EVERYONE goes to lunch at the Western Sizzlin...YUM!  This year we even sported our new reunion t-shirts that all the men were super pumped about!
  • whoever wants to goes out to the old home place to play in the bayou...this year we had over 20 people go out and play
  • sandwich dinner at the church and everyone hangs out
Sunday:
  • everyone heads home!
This year there was drama, lots of laughter, yummy homemade desserts, super cool t-shirts, a 3G trip planned, almost drowning, motorcycle rides, and so much more!  I can't wait until the next one!


Me and my cousin buddy Kerrie
Amy, Nichole, Lilly, and Laura
Devon, Becky, Aunt Pat, and Uncle Glen
Aunt Edith and Uncle James' (Granny and Grandad) gang...AKA my family!
Aunt Esther and Uncle James' group
Uncle Elvie and Aunt Jewel's crew
The ENTIRE family...around 60ish people!
Jack and I with our matching shirts
The "kids" chatting it up (Uncle Hoover, Granny, Aunt Esther, Uncle Glen)
Bubba playing with the little boys
Bubba taking Corwin for a ride

Kerrie and her Lil' Jack

Uncle Hoover and Auntie Bill's gang
Brett and I

1 comment:

  1. Yay, they're on! I loved this post - I have memories of many family reunions - my grandmother's family, too. Sadly, once the youngest sister passed, they have stopped.
    Enjoy yours while you can and I hope your family does a better job of keeping them going!

    ReplyDelete