Sunday, October 10, 2010

All Good Things Must Come To An End


All my trips to DC for different amounts of time…
  •  5 days
  • 3 days
  • 14 days
  • 7 days

I’ve decided after this trip that 7 days makes for the perfect trip!  It is just enough time to get in lots of fun things, a road trip, laid back nights, and plenty of time with both of the DeSalvos and time with just Michelle and me.

Dear DeSalvos,
Thanks for opening up your home to me yet again!  Thank you for the free meals, metro passes, and for keeping the fridge and pantry stocked with all my personal favorites!  You are and will always be my best friends.  Wherever you go in the years to come you can know that I will forever pay whatever it costs to come and visit.  Just think…in just three months you’ll be picking me up from the airport again!  Love you!
Christy

Now its time to go home though and I will admit that as much as I love it in DC, that this morning I woke up excited to be going home.  I’m excited for 2 reasons:

1. By going home I’m now only 6 days away from going to Haiti!
2. I’m going home to my roommates and my own house…also known as Kate’s house!

My roommates know all too well how long it took for me to call this place home and to love coming home to it.  For some reason I struggled with moving here, but like most things I struggle with…greatness comes at the end of the struggle!

I’m hours away from seeing Cobb outside the airport with her cool new car and walking through that beautiful orange front door to see Kate’s big smile!

Thanks girls for being patient with me in my struggle and for being the kind of friends that I count the hours to come home to!


No comments:

Post a Comment