Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Hate Bugs


Most people aren’t fans of bugs…and I would be considered one of those people.  While most of those same people scream “EEKK” when they see a spider, those bugs have never really bothered me.  However, there are a few that make me cringe and run…

Stinging Bugs – this can be wasps, bees, yellowjackets, or anything else with a stinger.  While I don’t hold contempt for them the way that my friend Lauren does they do make me tense up and walk the other way.

Cockroaches – these are the most awful thing ever!  I grew up in Southeast Houston and they were everywhere.  My most recent memory of these disgusting bugs is when I was at my dad’s house sitting in his chair and one literally fell from the ceiling into my lap.  I screamed for my brother who came running only to jump on the couch for fear of them…we share a hatred for roaches.

Stomach Bugs – by this I don’t mean some little black crawly thing, but I’m talking about the type of stomach bug that causes you to wake up at 3:30 in the morning and proceed to spend the next 12 hours in the bathroom hurling up everything in your body.

Thanks to this last type of bug that is exactly how I spent Friday.  While puking every hour for that long was awful, the worst part was that this stupid stomach bug caused me to miss leaving for my trip to Haiti as originally planned. 

I was supposed to leave at 6:00am today and arrive in Haiti this afternoon to get started on my week-long mission trip.  Due to being so sick, weak, and not wanting to infect those on my team I decided to postpone my departure until Monday morning.  Luckily I’m not missing many hands-on experiences, but more of the touristy part of the trip.

I just hate when things don’t work out the way that I want them to…but who does enjoy that?  I have so been looking forward to this trip and anxiously waiting to see what the Lord says to me down there and have been praying for big things for this trip.  I have to lay this at His feet and say that this trip is His and not mine. 

So today I’ve spent the day in bed resting and trying to eat again…with just a few tears over the fact that I’m still in Pasadena and not Port au Prince.

One more day of resting and reminding myself of who is really in control!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for putting me on blast. Love u Sis.

    ReplyDelete