Sunday, October 31, 2010

Love This Week

I don’t know if it was the fact that I “came home” from Haiti or the excitement building up to going to Uganda, but for some reason I LOVED THIS WEEK!

So many great things came from this week…

1. Dinner with my girls from school where they showered me with gifts for my trip!  They made me a special Uganda journal with notes from all of them and my favorite…bought and painted me a new pair of TOMS for me so that they could “go with me” on this journey…love them!


2. Lunch with Rachel!  Recently we’ve made a point to meet for lunch every other Wednesday and I will have to say that it is one of my most favorite parts of this Year of Jubilee.  We get to spend almost 2 hours just talking…amazing!

3. Fall Fest at church!  I love seeing all the kids dressed up with big eyes as their bags continue to feel up with candy.  This year I got stuck behind the cotton candy table.  Last year I was at the Chick Fil A sandwich table and for some reason continuously screwed up when giving people their change.  I tried to redeem my good name this year, but sadly my money misfortune continued into this year.  I tried to be helpful by sorting all the money, but as it turns out I combined from 2 different places when I wasn’t supposed to…OOPS!

4. I helped with Hands On Science on Thursday up at school for 2nd grade and got to see all of my kids from last year.  Oh those kids make me so happy!!!

5. Lunch with my sweet friend Mindy!

6. Project Runway finale at my friend Jeni’s house on Thursday night.

7. I joined the 1st grade team and their classes at the Pumpkin Patch for their field trip.  I will do anything to get to spend time with my girls!

8.  Dinner at Eddie and Susan’s with the Crawfords.  I love going over there because they are like my family here and my best friends were there which also means my Lovebug Wyatt was there too…isn’t he just the cutest?



9. Went with Emily to take the boys to their soccer game!  I got to watch Brayden and Bryce (3 year olds) play soccer and held Avery Brooke all morning.  This is why I love being a Fake Aunt!





10.  My friend Christy BUTler came over today with a special gift she made for both Cobb and I for our trip.  She made us each an envelope that is filled with notes and scriptures for each day that we’re gone.  Our instructions were to each day pull one out randomly as encouragement for while we’re gone.  I love her thoughtfulness and can’t wait to pull one of those out each morning!

11.  I re-connected with an old friend, Shaun, this past week and today we got to catch up on the phone for over a hour.  It’s been almost 10 years since we’ve talked…thank goodness for the powers of Facebook and its reconnecting miracles!

12.  Talking with my Bubba!  We usually call every so often and only end up talking for about 5 minutes or so…but today we talked for almost 30 minutes.  Gosh I love that guy!

13.  And the best thing...I leave for Uganda TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment