Sunday, November 14, 2010

Elephants, and Lions, and Hippos…OH MY!


We just got back from a quick stay at a resort and safari.  It was a long drive to get there, but so relaxing once we were there.  We stayed at an Uganda resort…not quite like America, but oh so nice compared to where we’d stayed before.  They had buffets full of yummy food each night and we could finally eat the vegetables.  I ate so many tomatoes and avocadoes!! 

John was sweet enough to “bless” Cobb and I with paying for massages for both of us.  Cobb opted for a massage and a pedicure and I got a longer massage with hot stones.  Oh my goodness…AMAZING! 

I’ve learned though that I’m not a safari type of girl and I’m OK with that.  I was excited to see some animals and especially the hippos, but I mean you can go to the zoo and see these animals any day that you want.  I realize you can’t see them in their natural habitat like here, but as it turns out I don’t care so much about that as others do.  Don’t get me wrong…the trip was great.  I just learned a new thing about myself…not so giddy about safaris.

Keeping with tradition Cobb spotted a huge spider on the wall by my bed the last night that we were there.  As usual she just gets this look on her face, opens her mouth really wide, and then doesn’t speak.  I got my flip flop to smash it, but in the process we startled it and it ran behind the headboard…which is attached to the wall.  Cobb was not going to let us go to bed with that spider alive though.  So she got some paper and slid it out from behind the headboard and I whacked it with my flip flop on the wall.  We left a large black smoosh mark on the wall as our thank you gift to the resort when we left.

We made the long drive back yesterday to the Pease’s house and the rest of the team repacked their bags, changed their clothes, ate a snack, and then loaded back up for another 3 hour drive to Entebbe so that they could catch their flight back to America.

We had a relaxing night here at the house with leftovers and watched a couple episodes of Castle together.

Today has been another lazy day…and oh how I love lazy days!  We slept in had biscuits and gravy for breakfast, Emily and I laid out in the hammock and read some, the kids and I played a game of Junior Monopoly, we ate barbque sandwiches for lunch, and then I took a nap.  Now I’m anxiously awaiting what will be for dinner later (I am all about the food here…don’t be surprised if I come back home and am 10 pounds heavier) and my skype date with my girls from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment