Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Safari Bound


Well our official “ministry” time as a team is coming to an end.  Tomorrow we are leaving to head to the Queen Elizabeth National Park that is about five hours away.  We will stay at a resort there and get to go on a safari on Friday.  John has even graciously offered to pay for Cobb and I to get massages while we are there…YES!!  Saturday we will all head back here to Mityana.  The rest of the team will grab their bags, change clothes, and then head back to Entebbe to catch their flight home that night.  That will be when I have to say good-bye to them and my Cobby.

Here is a quick re-cap of what we’ve done the past 2 days and some highlights…
  • ·      Tuesday we did some surveying in a village where we went to different houses to ask the families questions about their beliefs and determine how receptive they are to a Bible study
  • ·      We ate lunch out in the village…where we ate traditional food and with our hands! 
  • ·      Some people led a first aid class in the village, while Krisann and I played with kids
  • ·      Today the men went out to do some more surveying and we ladies stayed home to plan the teacher training
  • ·      In the afternoon we went to a school that Krisann used to help with and where the sister of her house helper, Farida, teaches at.  Farida is a super sweet girl.
  • ·      The boys played with kids outside…Cobb and Rebekah led a Bible study for kids and Krisann and I led the teacher training
  • ·      I taught about how to use a KWL chart and webbing to help with comprehension and then taught them the many ways they can use popsicle sticks, bottle caps, and sticky notes in school
  • ·      We came home and they grilled hamburgers!  I had a cheeseburger, chips, pineapple, and baked beans…it was glorious!
  • ·      An answered prayer…I found out that I will be going to the orphanage on the 17th!  They are arranging the travel for me and have even said they would arrange the travel for me to get me back to the airport at the end of the month!!!

I am very excited to end this part of the trip with a fun excursion…plus they said we should get to see HIPPOS!!!!!!!!  I was so pumped about that!

Alright I’m off to bed because I have an early skype date with my Amy in the morning!

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment