Friday, November 5, 2010

Kickin It In Uganda


Ok this is going to be quick because internet is sparse here this week…hopefully it will be better next week!

Some quick highlights…

1. We arrived safely and with all our bags!
2. Cobb and I found a mouse in our hotel room and screamed like little girls…lucky the manager smashed it with a broom and we returned safely to our room.
3. Cobb and I found a second mouse in the same room at 11pm at night and had the manager come in only to find us standing on our beds screaming like little girls again…finally we got moved to another room upstairs.  We prayed for no more mice…so far God has been listening!
4. We visited the World Vision office yesterday and have LEARNED so much about what they do.  I don’t think I ever realized how amazing this organization is…truly amazing!  Stop what you’re doing right now and go to their website and consider sponsoring a kid.
5. I hurled this morning and got stuck in my hotel room for most of the day.  I was supposed to call at lunchtime for them to come get me…but the phones weren’t working.  Luckily I got picked up at 3:00…the day turned out much better than I thought it would.
6. On the car ride home today we had a dance party in the car and danced to "Party In The USA" by Miley Cyrus...we danced with 4 Ugandan men and taught them how to raise the roof!  It was classic!
6. I am in LOVE with this country!!!

So much more to say and share, but trying to give the highlights.  Hope all is well there…will write more as soon as I can!

Love you all…please keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment