Monday, November 8, 2010

Living It Up In Mityana Now


Today we had devotions at the World Vision Uganda national office and heard the testimony of a sweet man who works in the transportation department.

Then we headed off to do some shopping!  I put my bargaining skills from Indonesia to good use and got me a wooden box I’d been looking for and some gifts for family and friends.

We got some lunch to go and then headed out to Mityana to meet up with the Pease family.

We’ve had a very relaxing afternoon here and the most amazing taco dinner…with guacamole and everything!  I was in heaven!

Tomorrow we’re going out to a village to meet people, eating lunch in a home, leading a First Aid training, and doing a Bible study.

It will be a great experience to get to see and experience a different part of Uganda and to get a glimpse of the great work that the Peases have already been doing here.

Just some background on the Pease family…

  • ·      They have two kids – Colby (12) and Emily (9)
  • ·      They are from Richardson, TX and went to my church The Heights Baptist Church
  • ·      Krisann is a former teacher and Eric worked with computer stuff back in the states
  • ·      They have been living and serving in Uganda through the IMB for the past two years now
  • ·      Their main job is building relationships here and Krisann does a lot of work with the teachers at nearby schools
  • ·      It is predominantly Catholic here in this area, but they said that the people think more of it as a dos and don’ts type of religion and don’t get the whole relationship with Jesus part at all

I’m very excited to see how the Lord has been using them and to get to know their family better.  Emily and I even made friendship bracelets tonight!

So Cobb and I stayed up late last night and had an early morning and I’m utterly exhausted.  I’m off to take a shower and then head to bed!

Looks like the internet here isn’t as great as I thought it would be so still no Facebook pictures yet…maybe next week when I’m in Jinja!

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment