Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Days Here

I’m going to try and explain my schedule for whilst I’m working here at the Amani Baby Cottage.  It may get a little confusing though so bear with me…

Sunday – My off day…do whatever I want

Monday
8:30 – 10:00 help get the toddlers/preschoolers ready for the day and help with preschool
10:00 – 10:30 morning break
10:30 – 12:15 help with toddlers/preschoolers doing crafts, going for walks, playing outside, or anything we can come up with
12:15 – 1:00 help the Baby B’s (that’s the crawlers) eat lunch and get cleaned up for a nap
1:00 – 4:00 free time
4:00 – 6:00 I help with folding all the laundry…and there is A LOT!!
6:00 – 6:45 whatever I want time
6:45 – 7:30 help the Baby B’s (crawlers) get ready for bed and then come back to the volunteer house and I tend to help feed the Baby A’s (the youngest babies…2 months to 10 months)
7:30 – 10:00 eat dinner, check e-mail, read, skype with friends, go to bed

Tuesday – My off day…do whatever I want

Wednesday – Same schedule as Monday except…
         4:00 – 6:00 I help with afternoon activities with the toddlers/preschoolers

Thursday – Same schedule as other days except…
         4:00 – 6:00 I get to take a child out for an outing in town

Friday – Same schedule as other days except…
         4:00 – 6:00 I help with afternoon activities with the toddlers/preschoolers

Saturday – Same schedule as other days except…
         4:00 – 6:00 is for projects…which means Amani comes up with a project for us to help with / for example this Saturday it is scrubbing the outside walls of the main house because they’re covered with dirt

So there you have it!

If you really want to pray for me anytime you see on the schedule where I’m spending time with toddlers/preschoolers then please I beg you to drop to your knees and beg and plead to the Lord on my behalf.

After my first day yesterday I was exhausted, overwhelmed, covered in mango mush, and little 3 year old Gavin’s urine!  It was quite an introduction to life here at the baby cottage.

The next 12 days should be interesting ones…don’t forget to pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment