Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Girl


I walked into school this morning and Megs asked how my weekend was and I answered, “It was great!”  Then she asked why I was smiling so big!

Well I'll tell you Megs...

Friday night we had a Threes Company ghetto style event!  Frush came over and we made our entire meal of chili dogs in the microwave and ate on paper plates.  Then we were too poor to go to the movies so we went to the Redbox and stopped into the 7 Eleven for some snacks.

Nothing like an evening with two best friends and spending less than $5!



Then on Saturday night I hung out with my friend Jeni.  Jeni is originally Kate’s friend.  However, I quickly charmed my way into a friendship with her by using my sarcasm, unusual nicknames, and shared love of Project Runway!  Jeni and I can never make up our mind about what we want to do so for the second weekend in a row we went to eat and then ended up hanging out at her house watching Friends Bloopers on Youtube!

Sunday was the icing on the cake though!

Sunday I went to the Pacheco’s house for my sweet niece, Avery Brooke’s 1st birthday party!  She was decked out in all things pink and purple with the most humungous bow on the top of her head…because that’s just how her mother likes it!

I loved celebrating with them and getting to laugh and play with my nephews Brayden and Bryce...and laughing as Bryce told me, “I bet you got Avery a book!”  In just 3 years they’ve learned that Aunt Christy only gives books as gifts!



Then that night we all got together at Fuddrucker’s for a Farewell Dinner for the Aylors!  A total of 20 adults, 2 teenagers, 6 kids, and 1 on the way!  We laughed with each other, chased kids around, took group pictures, and just loved on each other.




And the night ended with Cobb and I crawling in the bed with Kate while we loved on her and told her how much we loved walking through sh*% with her because she does the same for us…I mean what are roommates for?

I crawled into bed last night with the biggest smile on my face and kept thanking God for the people He has surrounded me with! 

I am one lucky, happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment