Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Little Christys


I’ve always wondered if I ever really make a difference in the lives of some of my students.  I know they all learned to read, add and subtract, but did I really teach them anything about loving others or caring about the world around them?

I got an e-mail this week from a parent of a former student.  She works with the Girl Scout troop that I help teach sometimes back home in Dallas.  Apparently the girls had to work on a timeline of their life…of what they want to do and accomplish before their mid 20’s.  Here is what I got to read today…


Also, remind me to show you some of the girls' timelines they made.  For this one Brownie patch, they had to make a timeline of their lives from now until age 20 -25 or so.  They are so precious, and some of them will make you laugh!  I want you to see them because you can tell that you have had influence on them because one has mentioned that at age 24, she wants to go to Uganda to help kids (she spelled it "Yugonda".)  Another said at age 23, she wanted to travel to poor countries.  Two have said they want to travel around the world.  One of them said they want to be "teacher of the year".



I guess I made a difference after all!  Love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment