Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas in the Big D

I just got back from spending a few days in Dallas doing Christmas with my friends and family up there.  It was a quick trip, but a good one!

My first night there Cobb and I went to the Crawford’s for dinner, presents, and a big surprise from them.  We ate some yummy homemade taco soup and then dove into presents and surprises.

Wyatt went first!  He went from excitement to disappointment to excited again.  You see all the kids in my life get a Christmas book every year from me at Christmas.  He’s too young yet to have caught on to this pattern so when he saw the gift I’m sure his imagination ran wild with all the amazing present possibilities that could be inside that wrapped package.  He opened with a smile…



Even turned a few pages with a smile…



And then got mad and threw the book.  You can still see his disdain when it was Cobb and Jodi’s turn to open their presents…



But then when he saw that they both got journals, or books in his mind, he got excited about his and asked his mommy to read him his book.

Then it was time for the surprise!  Wyatt ran to get our gifts and delivered them to Cobb and I.  It was clearly a written note wrapped in tissue paper, but I still had no clue what it said.  But oh the tears started flowing when I began to read these words…



Cobb and I get to be Godmommies to this new precious Crawford baby named Mack.  Oh I can’t wait to meet him, snuggle with him, and love him!



Tuesday afternoon I headed over to Rachel’s house to catch up and deliver presents to the boys.  They knew what they were getting, so there was no worry of disappointment there.  They were actually even a little excited because both boys got books that they’d seen at the book store already!



That night I went with Cobb while she did some Christmas shopping.  She likes to just go to stores and walk around to see if she finds something for someone rather than making a list and a plan.  Reason #74 why she and I are different.  I tagged along though and did my best to make fun of help her with her list.

Whilst on the way home she sees the movie theater and quickly exits the highway and yells, “Let’s go see a movie!  Look at me being adventurous!”  I didn’t realize this was what makes one adventurous…





In the end, we decided that wasn’t a good idea because we had a whole season of Big Love to get through in just 2 more days.  So we grabbed dinner and went home to watch 3 episodes of our favorite show.

Oh and here is Cobb’s excitement when she thinks that for once in her life she will beat me in an argument.  It looks much similar to her, “I’m an adventurous kind of woman” face too!



The next night we headed over to the Joneses for family Christmas with them.  Even Clark’s girlfriend, Amy, was there too.  We had the most delicious home cooked meal from Susan and then opened presents.  I was so excited to give my gifts…especially Clark’s!







Then it was Cobb’s turn.  She likes to pose…



And then mine from my parents…





And from my brother…



And then time for family photos…









Along with all those great things I was able to spend time sitting in the living room catching up with Jenni the B, laughed and laughed with Cobb and the Crawfords whilst we watched an insanely inappropriate and hilarious movie, drove Kate to the airport, had a 2 hour lunch with my BFF Amy, babysat my Lovebug, stayed up talking for two hours with Jodi and Andrew, had coffee with Kay, made a surprise appearance at Moolay and Adrienne’s engagement party where I laughed nonstop with Tasha, ran into a parent of a former student, and laughed continuously with Cobb.

In my life I deem success by how much personal interaction I get with people that I love.  Therefore, this week was truly a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment