Sunday, December 18, 2011

What's Been Happening Lately

Wow…it feels like I just wrote about Dad’s three year anniversary and now its nearing Christmas!  So many great things have happened recently, but since I haven’t written about a single one of them it looks like I’ll be retelling them with my ever-so-loved bulleted lists:

  • ·      Every last Wednesday of the month is Wacky Wednesday at school where teachers and kids can pay a $1 to dress up in whatever the theme is.  November 30th was “Super Hero” day!  So what do Stephanie and I do?  Dress up as Ninja Turtles…



  • ·      After a week in Dallas it only made sense to make the 4 hour drive back to Dallas just 6 days later!  I was able to make an appearance at a Girl Scout Meeting “Hoe Down” where we dressed and sang like country bumpkins…




  • ·      Then I got to be a part of celebrating Jodi and sweet baby Mack who should be making his arrival in just about 2 months.  It was a “Little Man” theme so it was a giant mustache fest…







  • ·      Oh and I almost forgot!  When Kate and Cobb picked me up from the Girl Scout meeting there was a special surprise waiting for me in the back seat!  Jeni the B…




  • ·      That Saturday night I met up with the Pacheco’s for our Annual Red Lobster Christmas dinner.  This is our 6th year to carry on this tradition.  We all go eat Red Lobster together and then head home to the Pacheco’s to open presents with the kids.  The boys have now figured out that Aunt Christy only gives books.  Luckily Emily gives them little pep talks each time before so they don’t show too much disappointment when they open them up and don’t find toys…




  • ·      The weekend after that I headed to Belton to have another Christmas tradition.  Cp, Parkhurst, and I always have a gift exchange.  This year we exchanged books…which ended up being a better idea than a reality.  However, everyone left with books they were excited about.  Sadly CP has all the pictures of us.  The only thing I have is pictures of Noah opening his gift from me…




  • ·      Monday, December 12th my family went to dinner to celebrate my grandparent’s 54th wedding anniversary.  Debo thought it would be funny to give them 54 one dollar bills.  Here is Granny with all her bills…




  • ·      Thursday was my last day of school before break and I decided to make treats for the teachers that I specifically work with.  Here is what they ended up with…





  • ·      That day was also the day that Cat and I exchanged gifts.  I got her a “Boss Lady” coin purse and she made me this very interesting hippo tank top…







Then all day long everytime Patti would see me she would giggle and say, “Your day is about to get so much better!” and I couldn’t quite figure out what that meant.  Until Cat walked in with a hippo pillow pet for me that the tank top was actually for!  She made me walk around all day wearing a tank top that was intended for a stuffed animal the whole time…


  • ·      Also that day a friend of mine texted me saying that she is PREGNANT with their second child!!!!  There is nothing I love more than finding out I can be expecting a new little love in my life!  However, I can’t reveal yet who is knocked up!



And now after that update everything is right in the world again!  And by that I mean…I am back in Dallas for Christmas with my friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment