Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Creepy Stalker OR Thoughtful Bystander?

So Sunday night when I turned onto my street I noticed a couple standing in the cute gazebo across the street.  They were holding hands and kissing from time to time. 

So this is what pops into my head:
“Oh my gosh…he’s about to propose to her!
How sweet!
Wouldn’t it be great if they had a picture of this moment?
I would want a picture of when I got engaged.
Oooh I have my fancy new camera in the car with me…score!
And I have the long lens…double score!”

I mean isn’t that what would go through your head if you saw a random couple standing in the middle of a gazebo?

Wouldn’t you also then pull out your camera, turn the flash off, and sit in your dark car and take pictures of the strangers from across the street?

Well that’s exactly what I did!

And what do you know…I was right!  They got engaged!  And I got a picture of it!!

Then you would think that I would just leave it alone…but you would be so wrong.

After he proposes they go to leave the gazebo and I quick jump out of the car and run across the street and proceed to make this statement…

“I promise I’m not a creepy stalker person, but I just saw you guys get engaged and I've been sitting in my car taking pictures of you!”

You could tell by their faces that they were a little unsure of how to take this news. 

The guy, however, was really excited.  The girl was a little freaked out I think.

So then I took a picture of them with the ring and exchanged e-mails so I could send them their pictures.

And of course then you would think this would be the moment when I leave them alone…again you would be wrong!

Then I proceed to stand there and ask them a ton of questions about themselves, their relationship, and the proposal. 

And I don’t even stop there!

Then I keep going by explaining how I see tons of weddings at that gazebo and start giving them tips on how they could make their wedding work at the gazebo too.

I mean who the heck does that?

I have no idea why I do the things that I do sometimes...but at least now this couple can have pictures of that special moment!  And every time they tell their engagement story in the years to come I'll be a part of it!

Meet the happy couple…







I also learned my lesson: make sure the image stabilizer is on when you switch lenses so your pictures aren’t blurry!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I would totally do this, except I'm usually so deep in my own zone I wouldn't have noticed them. Kudos to you! They'll treasure these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! This is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying laughing, this is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete