Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Date Night


In any relationship date nights are important.  Just yesterday I saw a sign about a “Daddy/Daughter Date Night” at the Chick Fila.

Date nights help two people get to know each other in the beginning of a new romantic relationship.  Then later on they help keep the spark alive and communication open during a marriage relationship.  And just like above they come in handy to make our littles feel special and adored by their parents.

But what about our friendship relationships?  Don’t they deserve date nights as well to help maintain that strong bond?

My answer is of course, YES!!

So a few weeks ago my friend Jeni the B and I decided it had been too long since we’d seen each other and had much to catch up on…so we planned a Date Night!

I like to think “go big or go home” so therefore I got the car cleaned earlier that day so it would be sparkly for her.  I put on my trendy, girly tuxedo jacket so I looked fancy for her.  I picked up some pretty Spring flowers at the grocery store on my way over to make her feel adored.  I showed up five minutes early so she knew she was important.  And finally I treated her to dinner and dessert at The Cheesecake Factory so she would feel spoiled!

Side note…I always tell Cobb that I think making me a girl instead of a boy was a last minute decision on God’s part and this is just yet another example of why!  I’d make a great date!!

Jeni the B and I had so much fun just catching up on life and enjoying yummy food.  We almost even ordered the same thing, but she opted for a Plan B so we didn’t look too much like a real couple!!

I love Jeni the B because she is so freaking wise!!!  She gave me the best advice about life, dating, and even housing.  I even told her some big news about me that wouldn’t necessarily be her favorite thing to hear, but she was super supportive and excited for me.

The best part about mine and Jeni the B’s friendship is that it is totally random.  I always say that she is the best thing we inherited from Kate…other than Kate herself of course!

Jeni the B was Kate’s friend originally and then later her roommate in between living with Cobb and I.  Somewhere over the years we started hanging out at Jeni the B’s house more and more and just fell in love with her.

She is wise.  She is encouraging.  She is beautiful.  She is hospitable.  She is sarcastic (a woman after my own heart).  She is funny.  She is sweet.  She is a teacher.  She is in love with Jesus.  She is understanding.  She is helpful.  She is forceful…like when she made me paint my room even when I didn’t want to.  She is inviting.  She is creative.  She is daring.  She is independent.  She is loving.  She is thoughtful.  She is patient.

She is my friend and by golly I like her a whole heck of a lot!!!

Thanks Jeni the B for the perfect date!  Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment